Layla’s life

Have you ever seen a stray animal out by itself alone and is starved? What did you think…or did you even care about the animal? Have you ever adopted a rescue animal? I have 2 dogs right now Georgia and Layla. I used to have 2 cats Buttercup and Summer, but sadly they have both passed away! All 4 of them were rescued.

Suomenlapinkoira Matti Suopajärvi via Compfight

This is a story about my puppy, Layla. It was 1 year and a half ago, and  1 or 2 days before Father’s day. We were taking my older dog to Lexington because we share custody of her, but that’s a different story. We were driving to Cracker Barrel to drop off Georgia with someone. We were talking for a while and a huge bus hit Ann’s car. Long story short, we were in the parking lot for a long time. After a while Ann said, “My brother evicted some people and they abandoned a 4-6 month old puppy on about a 4 foot chain directly in the heat and sun with no food or water for 2-3 days.” After a couple of days Ann’s brother took Layla and gave her to Ann and Ann gave her to us. That’s how little Layla found her home.

Next time you see a stray animal on the road you shouldn’t just leave it. Call someone or take to the animal shelter or to a foster home. Just remember animals have feelings just like you and I. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to be a stay. Stray Animal Adoption Program please call this number if you find or see a stray animal.

4 Replies to “Layla’s life”

1. Clementine Odum says: Reply

Heya! I’m Clementine Odum, from Ms. Haury’s class in Illinois! We’re “pen pals” or something. Since we’re not talking to each other in person, it feels kinda weird doing this, but… I got to get used to it! I think we’ll probably become good digital friends. I REALLY like animals too. It’s good to hear about you and your pets, I have a dog and a cat that my family rescued. We just saw them with no sign of a caring owner, and, well, picked em up! Just so you know, I’m a vegetarian, but that doesn’t mean I hate anyone who eats meat or WHATEVER. I guess I’m nice (that sounds silly coming from me). My dad actually grew up in Kentucky, I’ve been there before. I went to, like, a barbecue or buffet or something. It was called “Moonlight BBQ”. I’m looking forward to reading your posts! Wow, this is such a long comment… ENOUGH! Good bye my fellow blogger, Mary Vawn. That sounded so stupid.

2. Clementine Odum says: Reply

I’m sorry I wrote so much, but I’m a little proud I guess. Meh! You can decide.

1. Oh my gosh “Moonlight” is in Owensboro Kentucky I used to live there. My parents are divorced and my dad lives in Owenboro and we LOVE “Moonlight”

3. Clementine Odum says: Reply

Wow! It’s a really good restaurant, I should go there again some time. I’m sorry to hear about your parents, I have a friend at my school whose parents are divorced. He’s super wacky. It’s not like his parents fight a lot or anything, they seem to get along fine, and I’m honestly not sure why they’re divorced in the first place.